LEAD (Learn, Engage, Ascend, Deliver) Leadership Program
ACNM is pleased to announce Midwives LEAD (Learn, Engage, Ascend, Deliver) Leadership Development Program which is being offered in conjunction with Midwifery Works. This program is designed to engage midwives in a unique professional development experience that frames leadership as the ability to enhance personal and professional performance, build relationships, cultivate excellence, and sustain energy for productive influence, agency, and motivation to enact positive change. Attendees will engage with their peers and gain critical leadership knowledge and skills for today’s healthcare environment. The LEAD participants will be part of a cohort that will meet monthly for a year, with facilitation from ACNM Midwifery Clinical Practice Advisor Lily Bastian, and chair of the Leadership Development Committee, Michelle Munroe. In addition, for those who choose to stay for Midwifery Works there will be several LEAD huddles with Midwives Bastian and Munroe.
Acceptance to the 2021 ACNM Midwives LEAD Program includes:
- A full day of leadership sessions for you to gain insight and explore new skills while earning four Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
- An assessment of your leadership style with the Top 5 CliftonStrengths program.
- A lunch time meeting with Cathy Collins-Fulea (ACNM President) and Katrina Holland (ACNM CEO); meal included.
- A Crystal Award for you to display, to celebrate your leadership achievement.
- A year of mentorship – including monthly meetings with midwives, Lily Bastian (ACNM Midwifery Clinical Practice Advisor) and Michelle Munroe (ACNM Chair of the Leadership Development Committee).
- A discounted rate to attend Midwifery Works.
- A featured article highlighting your participation on the ACNM digital magazine website Quickening.
- & much more!
Program Schedule: Thursday, September 30, 2021
|8:00 – 9:15 AM||Leading through Change – Michelle Munroe|
|9:15 – 9:30 AM||Break|
|9:30 – 10:30 AM||Leadership 101 – Denise Smith|
|10:30 – 11:00 AM||Leadership Networking|
|11:00 AM – 12:00 PM||Choices: An Innovative Design – Nikia Grayson|
|12:00 – 1:00 PM||Lunch with ACNM President Cathy Collins-Fulea and ACNM CEO Katrina Holland|
|1:00 – 2:00 PM||Midwifery Pathways Panel – Clinical leader (Lily Bastian), Business leader (Leslie Cornwell), Academics (Denise Smith), Policy (Suzanne Wertman), Global (Pandora Hardtman)|
|2:00 – 3:00 PM||Leadership Assessment and Review Lily Bastian & Maniya Arrington|
|3:00 – 3:15 PM||Break|
|3:15 – 4:45 PM||Driving Change: How Midwives Rise – Amber Price|
|4:45 – 5:00 PM||Closing – Karen Jefferson|
- Current member of ACNM
- Desire to grow as a leader
All eligible midwives are encouraged to apply, especially those who have not traditionally seen themselves represented among the leaders in ACNM.
Applicants must submit a brief summary describing your leadership experience and interests. Discuss how this leadership development opportunity aligns with your personal and professional goals. Applicants will also need to submit their resume/CV. Previous leadership experience is not required to attend this program; however, potential for leadership advancement will be strongly considered and should be addressed in your summary.
Space in this program is limited to 25 attendees.