LEAD (Learn, Engage, Ascend, Deliver)
ACNM is pleased to announce Midwives LEAD (Learn, Engage, Ascend, Deliver) Leadership Development Program which is being offered in conjunction with Midwifery Works. This program is designed to engage midwives in a unique professional development experience that frames leadership as the ability to enhance personal and professional performance, build relationships, cultivate excellence, and sustain energy for productive influence, agency, and motivation to enact positive change. Attendees will engage with their peers and gain critical leadership knowledge and skills for today’s healthcare environment. The LEAD participants will be part of a cohort that will meet monthly for a year, with facilitation from ACNM’s Chair of the Leadership Development Committee, Kellie Thiessen. In addition, for those who choose to stay for Midwifery Works there will be several LEAD huddles with Midwife Thiessen.
LEAD 2022: Apply Today!
LEAD 2022 is now accepting applications! If you’re interested in participating in the LEAD Program follow the link here! Application submission closes on August 31, 2022 at 5pm EST.
Acceptance to the 2022 ACNM Midwives LEAD Program includes:
- A full day of leadership sessions for you to gain insight and explore new skills while earning four Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
- An assessment of your leadership style with the Top 5 CliftonStrengths program.
- A lunch time meeting with Heather Clarke (ACNM President) and Katrina Holland (ACNM CEO); meal included.
- A Crystal Award for you to display, to celebrate your leadership achievement.
- A year of mentorship – including monthly meetings with midwife, Kellie Thiessen (ACNM Chair of the Leadership Development Committee).
- A discounted rate to attend Midwifery Works.
- A featured article highlighting your participation on the ACNM digital magazine website Quickening.
- & much more!
Program Schedule: Thursday, October 6, 2022
|8:00 – 9:15 AM||Coming Soon|
|9:15 – 9:30 AM||Break|
|9:30 – 10:30 AM||Coming Soon|
|10:30 – 11:00 AM||Coming Soon|
|11:00 AM – 12:00 PM||Coming Soon|
|12:00 – 1:00 PM||Coming Soon|
|1:00 – 2:00 PM||Coming Soon|
|2:00 – 3:00 PM||Coming Soon|
|3:00 – 3:15 PM||Break|
|3:15 – 4:45 PM||Coming Soon|
|4:45 – 5:00 PM||Coming Soon|
- Current member of ACNM
- Desire to grow as a leader
All eligible midwives are encouraged to apply, especially those who have not traditionally seen themselves represented among the leaders in ACNM.
Applicants must submit a brief summary describing your leadership experience and interests. Discuss how this leadership development opportunity aligns with your personal and professional goals. Applicants will also need to submit their resume/CV. Previous leadership experience is not required to attend this program; however, potential for leadership advancement will be strongly considered and should be addressed in your summary.
Space in this program is limited to 50 attendees.