To Register for all workshops, please visit the Registration page.
We are pleased to offer two workshops for 2022 Midwifery Works. Please check the detailed schedule of events for additional workshop information. This year, one full day and one half day workshop are available for purchase and registration.
Centered Care: Embodying Qualities Central to Relationship Centered and Trauma-Sensitive Care
Karen Laing, IBCLC, AMT
Sunday, October 9, 2022 – 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Compare the 3 frameworks and their common connections to personhood and authenticity.
- Familiarize themselves with 6 qualities related to the personhood of the practitioner that pertain to these frameworks and obstacles related to one’s own stress and regulator mechanisms.
- Emerge with at least one actionable practice to cultivate improved self-monitoring, self-awareness and self-care.
How to Lead a Midwifery Practice
Erin Baird, CNM, MBA, DNP
Susan DeJoy, CNM, PhD
Sunday, October 9, 2022 – 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Identify the fundamental knowledge, behaviors and skills needed to lead effectively. Describe and identify where attendees are on a leadership development continuum and develop useful action plans for their practice.
- Identify standard items in a practice budget, learn basic forecasting of income and expenses, and identify financial data sources that exist in institutions.
- Identify theory base, discuss practical approaches, and design your own approach to selected leadership functions, including running effective meetings, developing a strategic plan, quality management, calculating staff workload, and scheduling.
- Identify key components of performance evaluation, general approaches, tracking performance and tools, and how to navigate difficult conversations.
- Identify and discuss several models for integrating midwifery students into their practices.